More snow is coming tonight, and the mbta (trains, buses, subway) is out of service tomorrow.
But School of HONK will be open, and we are going ahead with our FAT SUNDAY celebration as planned.
The snow is supposed to stop shortly after noon tomorrow, so unless there is an emergency blizzard warning for tomorrow afternoon, we won’t let the cold and white interfere with our warm and colorful Mardi Gras Open House.
Parking will be difficult as streets and municipal parking lots will be iffy, but if you are planning to drive, let me know and maybe we can figure something out. Otherwise, everyone should choose “safety first,” but if you have safe way to get here by foot or some other creative mode of transportation, please come and join us whenever you can make it. If you don’t feel like schlepping an instrument, you can grab something from our stock at sprout. George and his Gumbo are coming, so are plenty of mardi gras beads and other trinkets. Here’s the tentative plan:
- 2:00 pm – doors open, food and drink potluck, videos and slideshows, optional sectional practices upstairs
- 3:00 pm introductions, warm up and then learn some New Orleans songs, and review some other songs from our book
- 4:00 pm (short?) parade in the snow for video postcard
- 4:30 pm more music-making inside
- 5:00 Encores, announcements and discussion of SoH’s future plans
There’s still time to send me any pictures or videos people think our group would like to see to get us in the Mardi Gras mood — just send them to me. And if anyone is planning to bring food or other treats to our potluck table, let me know.
Oh, and don’t forget to dress up however you want, and invite your stir-crazy, snowbound friends and neighbors to come join us too…